Professor Olubanke Ogunlana
Professor of Biochemical Toxicology
B.Sc. (O.A.U., Ile Ife), M.Sc. (U.I., Ibadan), PhD (Biochemistry) (Covenant University, Ota)
i. Antimalarial, cytotoxicity and biochemical toxicological investigations of extracts of leaves and stems of Caesalpinia bonducella. (PhD work)
ii. Pharmacological and toxicological investigation of some Nigerian medicinal plants.
iii. Studies on the antioxidant potentials of some tropical green leafy vegetables.
iv. Genomic and Proteomic evaluations of some medicinal plants in Nigeria.
v. Structural characterization of some antiplasmodial potential drug target
Awards & Honours
(1) AstraZeneca/IUTOX/SOT Travel Fellowship Award to participate at the 2013 Society of Toxicology’s 52nd Annual Meeting, San Antonio, Texas, USA. March 10-14, 2013.
(2) Graduate Student Travel Fellowship Award to participate at the Society of Toxicology’s 51st Annual Meeting, San Francisco, California, USA. March 11-15, 2012.
(3) TWAS – CAS 2009 Postgraduate Fellowship Award for a period of one year at the State Key laboratory of Phytochemistry and Plant Resources, Kunming Institute of Botany, China.
(4) International Society for Computational Biology Travel Fellowship Award to attend ISCB Africa Bioinformatics conference on infectious disease 30th Nov -3rd Dec, 2009, Bamako, Mali.
(5) WHO/TDR Travel Fellowship Award to participate at the Fifth Multilateral Initiative on Malaria PAN African Malaria Conference, November 2 - 6, 2009, Nairobi, Kenya.
Current Postgraduate Supervision
Ojewumi Omotayo Emmanuel
Ugochukwu Stanley, K
Selected Publications (28)
2. Investigating Solanum aethiopicum leaf-Extract and sodium-dichromate effects on steel-rebar corrosion insaline/marine simulating-environment: Implications on sustainable alternative for environmentally-hazardous inhibitor.[Visit]
5. Investigating Solanum Aethiopicum Leaf-Extract and Sodium-Dichromate Effects on Steel-Rebar Corrosion in Saline/Marine Simulating-Environment: Implications on Sustainable Alternative for Environmentally-Hazardous Inhibitor.[Visit]
Nigerian Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology’s 31st Annual conference, University of Nsukka, Nigeria. October 31- November 3, 2011.
Malarial conference Organized by Ace medicare Clinic Ltd and Covenant University, Ota, Ogun, Nigeria. July 27-28, 2011.
International Biotechnology Symposium, Covenant University, Ota, Ogun, Nigeria. April 12 – 14, 2011.
The second ISCB Africa ASBCB Joint Conference on Bioinformatics of Infectious Diseases, Bamako, Mali. December 2009.
Nigerian Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology’s 29th Annual Scientific conference, University of Technology, Akure, Ondo, Nigeria. December, 6 – 9, 2009.
The Fifth Multilateral Initiative on Malaria PAN African Malaria Conference, Nairobi, Kenya, November 2 - 6, 2009.
27th Annual Conference of Nigerian Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Federal university of Technology, Owerri (FUTO), Nigeria. November 6 – 9, 2007.
Experimental Biology annual meeting, Convention Center, San Diego, USA, 2nd – 6th April, 2016.