Dr. Cordelia Onyinyechi Omodero
B.Sc. (Accounting), M.Sc. (Accounting), Ph.D (Accounting), ACA
TAXATION, ACCOUNTING EDUCATION, CAPITAL MARKET DEVELOPMENT, PUBLIC SECTOR ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE
Awards & Honours
|S/N||Prizes And Awards||Year|
|1||ICAN PhD Research Grant||2017|
Best Paper Presented at CITN 1st International Academic Conference on
Taxation in collaboration with Nasarawa State University, Keffi.
TAXATION, FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING, FORENSIC ACCOUNTING AND PUBLIC SECTOR ACCOUNTING
Current Postgraduate Supervision
1. Post Graduate Students’ Association, MOUAU 1st International Conference on diversification of Nigeria economy via non-oil producing sectors in conjunction with Post Graduate School, MOUAU, February, 20-22, 2017. Paper presented: A comparative analysis of macroeconomic variables and stock market performances in Africa (2000 – 2015).
2. 4th Annual International Academic Conference on contemporary issues in accounting, finance and corporate governance organized by The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) in collaboration with Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State, April 18-20, 2018. Papers presented: 1. Corporate Taxation and Profitability of Money Deposit Banks in Nigeria. 2. Corruption and Stock Market Performance in Nigeria.
3. International Conference on managing Nigerian economy beyond recession: the role of stakeholders organized by Faculty of Business Administration, Imo State University, Owerri, Nigeria, May 17-18, 2018. Paper presented: Monetary Policy and Oil Revenue in Nigeria: Pre and Post Effect analysis.
4. 1st Annual International Academic Conference on Taxation and the Contemporary economic reality organized by The Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (CITN) in collaboration with Nasarawa State University, Keffi, August 13-16, 2018. Papers presented: 1. Fiscal Policy and Standard of Living in Nigeria. 2. Federal Capital Expenditures and Macroeconomic Factors in Nigeria.
5. National Conference on Institutional Restructuring and reforms for National development organized by Faculty of Management Sciences, University of Port Harcourt August 28-29,2018. Paper presented: Public Sector Recurrent Expenditure and National Development in Nigeria.
6. 8th International Conference of Accounting and Finance Research Association on Governance and National Development: The Role of Accounting and Finance, November 4-6, 2018. Papers presented: 1. Investment in Agriculture and Extractive Industry: A Panacea for National Development. 2. Water Resources Accounting and Sustainable Development in Nigeria.
7. Nigerian Accounting Association (NAA) Annual General Meeting, Conference and Fellowship Awards 2018 with the theme on Accounting Education, Research and Sustainable Development, held on 3rd – 4th December 2018 at Ignatius Ajuru University of Education Port Harcourt, Rivers State. Papers presented: 1. Impact of Federation Account Allocated Funds on Nigeria’s economic growth. 2. Resolving ambiguities in the provisions for granting personal allowances and loss relief under income tax laws in Nigeria.
8. 1st International Conference on Business and Governance with the Theme: Change management, innovation and sustainable development, organized by the Faculty of Management Sciences University of Lagos on May 8-10, 2019. Papers presented: 1. Role of agriculture in reducing consumption expenditure in Nigeria. 2. Water resources accounting and sustainable development in Nigeria. 3. Tourism sub-sector as key to hospitality industry for accelerated national development.
9. 2nd Annual International Academic Conference on Taxation and Business Sustainability organized by The Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (CITN) in collaboration with Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo, Ogun State, Nigeria, August 18-20, 2019. Papers presented: 1. The Effect of Foreign Debt on the Economic Growth of Nigeria. 2. Effect of Personal Reliefs and Allowances on Tax Liabilities and Tax Burdens of Individual Taxpayers in Nigeria.