Dr Oluwasogo S. Adediran
Lecturer and Postdoctoral Research Fellow @Centre for Economic Policy & Developmt Research (CEPDeR)
B.Sc; M.Sc and Ph.d (Economics)
Economic Growth and Development
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Awards & Honours
- 1. Research Grant Winner, Alexander von Humboldt Research Linkage Grant @ €43,650
- 2. Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Centre for Economic Policy & Developmt Research (CEPDeR)
- 2. Beneficiary, Covenant University Chancellor`s scholarship for Ph. D degree in Economics to the tune of $20,000 (2014 – 2018)
- 3. Beneficiary, Scopus indexed article sponsorship grants by the Vice-Chancellor to the tune of $3000.
- 4. Beneficiary, Covenant Univ. Vice-Chancellor`s post-field grant - $200 in 2017.
- 5. Team Leader, Winning team at the yearly College Week quiz competition in 2017/2018
- 6. Chairman, Publicity sub-committee on annual Covenant University International Conference on Entrepreneurship (CU-ICE) from 2017
- 7. Member, Weekly Postgraduate Seminar presentation committee
- 8. Member, Fresh students’ recruitment exercise in 2016.
- 9. Member, accreditation committee for the successful accreditation of Department of Economics and Development Studies in 2015.
- 10. Supervisor, undergraduate student projects (16) since 2014 to date
- 11. Departmental Liaison and Linkage Officer, who reactivated academic-industrial partnership with Meristem Securities Ltd – with the yearly award of $550 to the best graduating student of the Department since 2017 to date.
- 12. Regular attendant and presenter, Nigerian Economic Society (NES) Conference since 2015.
- 13. Regular author in both Local and International Journals.
- 14. Observer sponsored by Nigerian Bar Association during the Nigerian Presidential Elections in 2011.
Current Postgraduate Supervision
Selected Publications (8)
(2) 2019 Participant, Workshop on Advancing Management Research Capacity in Nigeria, held 7-9 October, 2019 at Lagos Business School, Ajah, Lagos, Nigeria.
(3) 2019 Participant Covenant University – International Conference on Sustainable Development in Africa with the theme - Africa`s Development Agenda: Prospects and Challenges held between June 19 – 21, 2019 at Covenant University Center for Research, Innovation and Discovery (CUCRID), Covenant University, Ota-Nigeria.
(4) 2019 Participant, Covenant University – International Conference on Entrepreneurship (CU-ICE), titled Disruptive Innovation and Sustainable Entrepreneurship held between March 20 – 22, 2019 at Covenant University Center for Research, Innovation and Discovery (CUCRID), Covenant University, Ota-Nigeria.
(5) 2019 Participant, CEPDeR`s Workshop and Roundtable Discussion on 2019 National Budget, titled 2019 Budget: Pertinent Issues and Sectoral Impacts held on February 8, 2019 at Covenant University, Ota-Nigeria.
(6) 2019 Participant at Inaugural Workshop Organised by OFURE Integral Research and Development Initiative (OFIRDI) in Collaboration with African Action Research Community, titled Indigenous Knowledge in Global Knowledge: Revisiting African Ontology and Epistemology in the 21st Century held on January 17, 2019 at Ikeja, Lagos-Nigeria.
(7) Giwa, B., George, E., Okodua, H. and Adediran, O. (2020). Proceedings of the 34th International Business Information Management Association Conference, IBIMA 2019 – Empirical Analysis of the Effect of FDI Inflows on Real Economic Growth: The Nigerian Experience pp. 5014-5025. (Indexed in Scopus)
(8) 2018 2nd Covenant University International Conference on Entrepreneurship (CU-ICE) titled “Cultivating Entrepreneurial Capacities in the Knowledge Economy” held June 13-15, 2018 at Covenant University, Ota, Nigeria. Sub-Head, Conference Organising Committee
(9) 2017 58th Nigerian Economic Society (NES) Annual Conference titled “Imperatives of Industralization in Nigeria” held September 26-28, 2017 at Nicon Luxury Hotel, Abuja, Nigeria. Presented paper was titled “Industralization and Fuel Subsidy Removal in Nigeria: The Manufacturing Industry Experience”.
(10) 2017 1st Covenant University International Conference on Entrepreneurship (CU-ICE) titled “Entrepreneurship and the Knowledge Economy” held June 12-14, 2017 at Covenant University, Ota, Nigeria. Sub-Head, Conference Organising Committee.
(11) 2016 1st Nigeria Energy Forum titled “Sustainable Energy for all Nigerians: Grand Challenges, Big Opportunities” held April 12-13, 2016 at Oriental Hotel, Lagos, Nigeria. Paper Presented was titled “Household Energy Expenditure and Income Groups: A Gender Analysis from Nigeria”.
(12) 2015 Adediran, O.S. (2015). Is there any link between democracy and economic development in Nigeria? Paper presented at 10th UNILAG Annual Research Conference and Fair. Held at University Multi-purpose Halls from 24th to 26th November, 2015.
(13) 2014 Adediran, Oluwasogo S. (2014). Demographic transition and financial reforms: The Nigerian private savings rate. International Conference on Demography and Economic Development, organized by the Department of Economics and Development Studies. Held between July 14 and 16, 2014 (Peer Reviewed Conference Proceeding: ISBN: 978-978).
(14) 2014 1st Covenant University International Conference on African Development Issues titled “Rising Opportunity for Investors in Africa and the Prospect of an Economic Miracle” held May 5-6th, 2014 at the African Leadership Development Centre, Covenant University, Canaanland, Ota.
(15) 2011 Nigerian Economic Society 52nd Annual Conference on “Planning and the Transformation of the Nigerian Economy” at Covenant University, Ota. 13th – 15th September, 2011.