Head, Department of Mass Communicaton Oladokun Omojola
Ph.D, M.Sc, PGD , BA (Mass Communication)
- Media Performance
- Gender and Communication
1. Oladokun Omojola (2011) Mass Media Interest and Corruption in Nigeria. UNILAG (University of Lagos) Communication Review, 4 (2), 21-39.
2. Oladokun Omojola (2009). Audience Assessment of Google Hausa. Delta (State University) Journal of Communication and Media Research, 1(2), 115-124.
3. Oladokun Omojola (2009). English-oriented ICTs and ethnic language survival strategies in Africa. Global Media Journal (University of Stellenbosch Edition) 3(1), 1-13.
4. Oladokun Omojola (2008). Toward Global Ethics: Exploring the Perspectives of Local Media Stakeholders. (University of Wisconsin’s) Ecquid Novi: African Journalism Studies, 29 (2), 173 – 187.
5. Oladokun Omojola (2008). Web Searching in a Nigerian Language: An Assessment of Google Yoruba. [University of) Ibadan Journal of the Social Sciences, 6 (2), 34-46.
6. Oladokun Omojola (2008). Audience Mindset and Influence on Personal Political Branding. Journal of Social Sciences (of India), 16 (2), 127-134. (Published since 1933.)
7. Oladokun Omojola (2008). An Analysis of Information Channel Preferences in Three Nigeria’s Upscale Organizations. Management Discoveries, 2 (3), 22-37.
8. Oladokun Omojola (2007). Press Performance, Legislative Responsibilities and Citizens’ Socio-economic Conditions in Lagos State of Nigeria (1999-2003): An Assessment. (Babcock University) Journal of Mass Communication, 1 (3), 70-84.
9. Oladokun Omojola (2011). Mass Media Performance and Corruption in Nigeria. Makurdi Journal of Communication Research. 2 (1), 29-47. (Benue State University).
10. Oladokun Omojola (2011) User Ratings of Google Sites in Nigerian Languages on Selected Gratification Indexes. Delta [State University] Journal of Communication and Media Research, 3(2), 145-154.
11. Omojola Oladokun (2011).When Media Exist as if they Don’t, International Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities Review, 2 (5), 77-83. [Ebonyi State University].
12. Oladokun Omojola (2011). Media Stakeholders Perspectives and Policy Integrity, Maiduguri Journal of Arts and Social Sciences, 9 (1), 163-177. [University of Maiduguri].
13. Oladokun Omojola (2012). Advertisement Placement and Influence on Press Performance International Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities Review, 2 (7) 30-37. [Ebonyi State University].
14. A. Oladokun Omojola (2011) Communication Aspects of Conflicts and Terrorism. Lagos: Corel Serve Publishing. (Foreword by Professor Idowu Sobowale).
15. Oladokun Omojola (2011) Communcation Perspectives of Terrorism and Conflicts Resolution. Germany: LAP Academic Publishing.
16. Omojola, Oladokun (2010) Press Performance and Socio-economic Development: A Focus on Lagos State of Nigeria. Saarbrücken (Germany): VDM.
CHAPTERS IN PEER-REVIEWED BOOKS
17. Oladokun Omojola (2012). From Two- to Three-Dimensional Reporting. In I.S Popoola (Ed.) New Trends in Reporting. Lagos: NUJ Publications.
18. Oladokun Omojola (2010) Exploring the Impact of Google Igbo in South East Nigeria. In Rebecca Lekoko and Ladislaus Semali (eds) Cases on Developing Countries and ICT Integration: Rural Community Development. Hershey Pennsylvania (USA): IGI Global Publishing.
19. Oladokun Omojola (April, 2008). Press Performance and the Multi-ethnic Challenges in Lagos State of Nigeria (1999-2003). In V. Aghayere, et al. (eds), Nigerian Political Economy. Benin: Hems (Benson Idahosa University). Pp.309-317.
20. Oladokun Omojola (March, 2008). The Coverage of Lagos State House of Assembly in Two Nigerian Newspapers (1999-2003). In Lai Oso & Umaru Pate (eds), Mass Media and Society in Nigeria. Lagos (Nigeria): Primus. Pp. 189-201. \
21. Oladokun Omojola (2011) The Press and the Multi-level Determination of Public Interest in a Developing Society in A. Alao and R. Taiwo (eds) Perspectives on African Studies: Munich (Germany): Lincom Academic Publishing.
22. Morah, NG. and Oladokun Omojola (2011). Terrorism and Economic Impact on Nigeria, in O. Omojola, Communication Aspects of Conflicts and Terrorism. Lagos: Corel Serve (Academic Publishing). pp. 139-159.
23. Omojola. Dokun. (1997, 2002, 2007). The House Sign Design (1997-2012): Claims and Specifications. Abuja: Federal Government of Nigeria (Commercial Law Department, Federal Ministry of Commerce).
DESIGN LICENCE HELD
23. Oladokun Omojola. House Sign (Outdoor) Advertisement Design System (FRN 5564: 1997-2012, 15 years). Abuja: Government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (Federal Ministry of Commerce). Sole licensee: Pfizer Plc (now Neimeth Intl. Pharmaceuticals Plc., Lagos).
24. Omojola, Oladokun (2011). Editorial Writing (The Made Easy Series) Germany: LAP Publishing.
25. Omojola Oladokun (2011). Graphics, Editing and Communication: The Made Easy Series. Germany: LAP Publishing.
26. Omojola Oladokun (2010). Editing and Graphics of Communication. Lagos: National Open University. (www.noun.edu)
- LEADERSHIP SKILLS & COMMUNITY SERVICE
- I pioneered Stream (newspaper) The Mass Communication Student Training Newspaper at Covenant University. 2004
- I pioneered Stream (Magazine), The Mass Communication Student Training Magazine of Covenant University. Stream is world’s biggest student training magazine – 120 pages and consistently published yearly since 2005
- I pioneered the Newsroom of the Mass Communication Department of Covenant University, 2005.
- Course Adviser, 400 Level Mass Communication Students 2005-2008
- Course Adviser, 300 Level, Mass Communication. 2008 till date
- Member, CUSAT for at least three years
- Member, Curriculum Review Committee, Mass Communication Department. 2011
- Member, Library Committee, Covenant University 2004.
- Member, Center for Entrepreneurship Development Studies, 2005-2008.
10. Chairman, Welfare Committee, College of Human Development.
11. Chairman, Welfare Committee, Mass Communication Dept.
12. Covenant University Representative, University Fair Abuja, 2005.
13. Covenant University Representative, BOP TV
14. Member, Publicity Committee, for Covenant University Convocation Planning.
15. Member, Disciplinary Committee, College of Human Development Covenant University, 2004.
16. Member, Accreditation Committee. Mass Communication Dept. 2004/2005.
17. Member, Accreditation Committee, College of Human Development, 2004/2005.
18. Member Accreditation Committee, Mass Communication Dept. Chairman of Print Panel (2009/2010)
19. Chairman, Writing Committee, Covenant University Accreditation, 2010.
20. Coordinator, Post Graduate Committee Mass Communication Department, Covenant University 2010-2011
21. Chairman, Excursion Committee, Mass Communication, Covenant University, 2010-2011.
22. Chairman, APCON Accreditation Committee, 2005. APCON accredited our program at first presentation. Covenant University became the first private university to be so accredited.
23. Member, Study Center Committee, 2005.
24. Member, media/industrial attachment program committee, 2003 till date.
25. Chairman, Student Project Panel, 2006 till date.
26. Member, Administrative officers Interview panel
27. Member, Covenant University Ad Hoc Opinion Poll Unit.
28. Member, Covenant University Opinion Poll Unit (CUOPO)
29. Member, External Affairs Committee, College of Human Development
30. Member, ACCE Conference Hosting Bid Committee, 2010.
31. Chairman, Local Organizing Committee, ACCE Conference, 2011. ACCE is African Council on Communication Education.
32. Covenant University Representative at the State Security Service in defense of the Application for Community Radio Licence.
33. Chairman, LFC/RCCG Book Project, commissioned by the Chancellor, Dr. David Oyedepo.
Awards & Honours
Member, Advertising Practitioners Council of Nigeria (Federal Government Body)
- Computer Assisted Reporting
- Advertising Creative Strategy and Tactics
- Newspaper Production and Management
- Magazine Production and Management
- Editing and Graphics of Communication
- Editorial Writing
- Book Publishing
- Multinational Advertising
- Introduction to Advertising
- Feature Writing
- Economic and Social Issues in Advertising and Public Relations
- Print Media Design and Evaluation
- Print Media Planning and Administration
Current Postgraduate Supervision
2. 3rd Idowu Sobowale Conference, October 26-28, 2015, Covenant University, Ota, Nigeria
2. African council on Communication Education (ACCE) Conference, September 9-11 2011, Covenant University, Ota Nigeria.
3.Professor Idowu Sobowale Conference, May 17-19, 2011. Caleb University, Imota, Lagos State.
3.African Council on Communication Education Conference (ACCE). October 11-15, 2010. American University in Nigeria, Yola, Nigeria.
4.The MECSSA Conference, London School of Economics. January 6-10, 2010.
5.Professor Idowu Sobowale Conference, Olabisi Onabanjo University, Nigeria. March 31-April 2, 2009.
6.ACCE Conference (Niger Delta 2008), Delta State University, Abraka, Nigeria. August 8-12, 2008.
7. International Academy OF Business and Public Administration Disciplines(IABPAD) Conferences, Dallas Texas, 2005.