Professor Joseph Olugbuyiro
B.Sc Chemistry; M.Sc Organic Chemistry; M.Sc Pharmacognosy; PhD; FCSN; MICCON; FASM; MRSC, MACS
Phytochemical & Biological Studies of Natural Products; Anticancer plant research, Antioxidant studies, Antimicrobial Plant Drugs Research, wound healing & phytotherapy, Phytocosmetics, Natural products Pharmacological Studies...
Awards & Honours
1. Fellow of Chemical Society of Nigeria (2018)
2. The Lagos State Research and Development Council (LRDC) Grant Award (2014)
2. Impact Journal Scholars’ Award, Covenant University
4. American Society for Microbiology International Fellowship Award
5. National Agip Oil Company Scholarship Award
Selected Publications: see CV
Natural Products Chemistry/ Phytochemistry & Drug Discovery/ Pure organic Chemistry /Applied Spectroscopy
Cosmetics and Detergents Chemistry/Phytocosmetics
Current Postgraduate Supervision
Identification, extraction and development of anti-diabetic, anti-obese & antioxidant plant drugs.
Isolation and characterization of anti-tumor compounds from medicinal plants: useful drugs against cancer.
Discovery and development of novel plant-based anti-tubercular drugs.
Selected Publications (15)
2. AWARD Proposal and Grant Writing Skills Course sponsored by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USA; held at Covenant University, Ota, Nigeria on September 5-7, 2018.
3. Networking Event on Research & Training in Natural Products & Biomedical Research in Nigeria, sponsored by Liverpool John Moores University (LJMU), UK @ CITIHEIGHT Luxury Hotel on June 26-28th, 2018.
4. 40th Chemical Society of Nigeria Annual International Conference, Workshop and Exhibition held on September 17th-22nd 2017 at Kaduna, Kaduna State, Nigeria.
5. Second zonal conference, exhibition and workshop (South West Zone), Chemical Society of Nigeria, at Abeokuta Ogun State.
6. 38th Chemical Society of Nigeria Annual International Conference at Abuja in Nigeria; September 7-11, 2015.
7. 7th Int’l Biotechnology Conference, Exhibition & Workshop 2017 Organised by Dept of Biological Sciences Covenant University, at CUCRID, Canaan Land; Ota.
8. Hands-on workshop/International Conference, Organised by Department of Chemistry Covenant University at Centre for learning Resources, Ota, Nigeria.
9. West African Network of Natural Products Research Scientists (WANNPRES), 5th Scientific Symposium Theme: Tackling non-infectious disease with medicinal plants and natural products, MicCom Golf Hotels & Resort, Ada, Osun State, Nigeria; August 6-9, 2012.
10. Biotechnology for Health and Sustainable Development Conference organized by the Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Ibadan. July 23-27, 2012.
11. 2nd Natural Product Research Colloquium and Guest Lecture organized by the Department of Pharmacognosy, University of Ibadan, Nigeria. October 20-21, 2008. Theme: ‘From Nature to the Clinic: Global Trends in Drug Discovery and Development’
12. 7th Annual Oxford International Conference co-sponsored by The University of Mississippi, The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR-India) and The society for Medicinal Plant Research (GA). Oxford, MS; USA. April 12-16, 2008. Theme: “The Science of Botanicals & American Society of Pharmacognosy”