Professor Gbolahan Oni
B.Sc.; M.Sc.; FSS.;Ph.D.; Post- Doc.
Population Health, Reproductive Health, Family Planning, Maternal and Child Health, Men's Reproductive Health, Gender Issues, Social and Economic Determinants of Fertility and Mortality, Monitoring and Evaluation
Awards & Honours
- Certificate of Service Appreciation (2009): “For Dedicated Professional Service To Improve the Health and Welfare of Populations in Disadvantaged Settings”. The Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, USA
- Certificate of Recognition (2002): “For Commiment to the Promotion of Best Practices in Reproductive Health and as a Member of the Best Practices Advisory Group (BPAG)”. Washington, D.C., USA.
- Golden Plaque Award (2000): “For Dedication and Outstanding Program Leadership”. Saudi Arabia National Guard Health Affairs, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- Frank W. Notestein Fellow (1990): A joint annual international award given by the Population Council, New York and Princeton University, USA to an outstanding population scientist for further postdoctoral research work in Population Science.
- The Paul A. Haper Award (1985): An annual award to the most outstanding doctoral graduate in the Department of Population Dynamics (now Population Family and Reproductive Health), Johns Hopkins University School of Public Health, USA
- Honorary Citizen of Baltimore (1985): A honor conferred by the Mayor of Baltimore City for “Outstanding Achievement and Contribution to Knowledge”. Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, USA
- The Population Council, Graduate Fellowship Award-A Dissertation Merit Award(1984): Johns Hokins University School of Public Health, USA
- University of Ilorin, Academic Staff Development Award: 198
- Best M.Sc. Dissertation Recognition Award (1979): Department of Epidemiology and Medical Statistics, University of London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine.
- British Commonwealth Scholarship Award (1977): Academic scholarships to selected outstanding graduate students from Commonwealth countries. British Government, UK.
- German Academic Scholarship Award –SURPLAS (1972). An undergraduate merit award to an outstanding student in the Faculty of Science, University of Lagos, Nigeria
- National Academic Merit Award (1972): A Federal Government of Nigeria scholarship award to oustanding undergraduate students in Nigerian universities.
- Western State of Nigeria Scholarship Award (1969). For Higher School Certificate (A/Level) Study at Government College, Ibadan.
Demographic Techniques, Population Studies, Statistics, Epidemiology, Research Methods. Monitoring and Evaluation.
Current Postgraduate Supervision
2. 3rd International Conference On African Development Issues (CU-ICADI), May 9- May 11 2016, Covenant University, Ota, Nigeria
3. 1st International Conference on Demography and Sustainable Development. Covenant University, Canaan land, Ota, Ogun State, Nigeria, July 14-16, 2014.
4. 1ST Covenant University International Conference on African Development Issues. African Leadership Development Centre, Covenant University, Canaan Land, Ota, Ogun State, Nigeria, May 5-6, 2014. A conference where two noble laureates, Prof Sergeant and Prof Henry Maskin of Economics were guest speakers.
5. Global Public Health Council Annual Conference, June 2013. Washington, DC.
6.American Public Health Association Annual Conference, Oct. 2012. San Francisco, California, USA
7. Population Association of America Annual Conference, March 2011. Washington DC
8. Johns Hopkins Vaccine Institute Vaccine Day, 2011. Baltimore, MD, USA. October 7th, 2011
9. The 14th World Multi-Conference on Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics, October 2010. Orlando Florida, USA.
10. Global Public Health Council Annual Conference, June 2010. Washington DC.
11. Population Association of America Annual Conference, April 2010. Dallas Florida, USA