Mrs. Wisdom Iyanda-joel
Infectious diseases, Clinical Biochemistry and Toxicology.
Current research focus: Identifying and purifying bio-active compounds in plants (Annona muricata and others) against causal agents (particularly bacteria) in Acute respiratory infections (ARIs) such as tuberculosis and pneumonia.
Awards & Honours
1. National Institute of Health scholarship for a training workshop on Principles and Practice of Clinical Research. May 2010.
2. Fulbright Junior Staff Development Fellowship Award (Alternate scholar status, 2014).
Metabolism of Carbohydrates
Metabolism of Nucleic acids
Membrane and hormonal Biochemistry
Tehniques in Biotechnology
Selected Publications (3)
2. W. Iyanda-Joel, O. Adegbite, O. Ajetunmobi, S. Chinedu, E. Iweala, S. Rotimi (2015). Phytochemical, antioxidant and mitochondrial permeability transition analysis of fruit skin ethanolic extract of Annona muricata Linn. (Soursop). EUROTOX 2015 held in Porto, Portugal from September 13-16, 2015.
3. Omonhinmin A.C., Uko¬‐Abasi, E. and Iyanda-Joel, W.O. Studies on polymorphic diversity of Dacryodes edulis (G.Don) H.J. Lam in Southern Nigeria using DNA sequence analysis. International Biotechnology Conference, Exhibition & Workshop organized by Department of Biological Sciences, Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State, Nigeria. July 6-8, 2015.
4. Solomon Rotimi, Isaacson Adelani, Adaobi Okafor, Wisdom Iyanda-Joel, Oluwakemi Rotimi (2015). Effects of Ginger Juice Aflatoxin-Induced Oxidative Stress in Rats. The FASEB Journal (2015) 29 (1) Supplement 621.5.
5. Solomon Rotimi, Oluwakemi Rotimi, Wisdom Iyanda-Joel, Isaacson Adelani, Nnenna Oguamanam, Onyinye Ohamobi (2015). Effects of Quercetin on L-Arginine-Induced Acute Pancreatitis in Rats. The FASEB Journal 29 (1) Supplement 856.4 .
6. W.O. Iyanda-Joel and O. O. Olorunsogo (2014). Effect of Aloe barbadensis Miller Gel on Rat Liver Mitochondrial Membrane Permeability Transition Pore. Accepted for oral presentation 33RD NSBMB 2014 Conference which held on Tuesday 11th to Friday 14th November 2014 at the University of Ilorin, Ilorin, Kwara State.
7. Oluwakemi Rotimi, Olugbenga Oluwagbemi, Wisdom Iyanda-Joel, Elizabeth Omotosho, Marion Adebiyi, Isaacson Adelani and Solomon Rotimi (2014). Investigation of Angiostensin-converting enzyme inhibitory potential and allergenicity of Sesamum indicum Linn seed proteins by an in silico approach. The FASEB Journal 28(1) Supplement LB541.
8. Solomon Rotimi, Oluwakemi Rotimi, Elizabeth Omotosho, Wisdom Iyanda-Joel and Shalom Chinedu (2014). In silico Assessment of Antihypertensive Potential of Sweet Proteins. The FASEB Journal 28(1 Supplement):LB542.
9. Wisdom O Iyanda-Joel and Olufunso O. Olorunsogo (2013). Aloe barbadensis Miller gel keeps mitochondria intact in the absence of oxidative stress triggering agents: A poster presentation at International Society for Computational Biology (ISCB 2013). ISCB/ASBCB Conference Casablanca, Morocco, March 13-15, 2013.
10. 2nd National Conference of Women in Physics and Launching of Women in Science and Technology
Conference Title: Enhancement and Sustainability of Female Interest in Science and Technology. African Leadership Development Centre, Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State, Nigeria.
May 21 -23, 2013