Dr. Marion Adebiyi
Senior Lecturer/ Researcher
NCE (Mathematics/ Physics), B. Sc. (Computer Science), M. Sc. (Computer Science (Bioinformatics)), P. hD (Computer Science (Bioinformatics))
Anti-malaria drugs resistance mechanism, insecticide resistance mechanism and in-silico analysis of organism’s inter-pathways using the microarray and NGS data. Employing standard statistical and computational techniques in analyzing transcription profiling data or micro-array data of organisms, in-silico methods for NGS data. 3D protein structure and function prediction.
Awards & Honours
1. National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Merit Award By Niger State Government. 2001.
2. French Government Grant - Bioinformatics of African Pathogens and Disease Vectors, Nairobi, Kenya. 2007
3. CPN Fellowships to Europe for Young African Scientists: Preparation of proposals for EU FP7 Calls on Poverty Related Diseases (PRD), - (Parasite Development in the Anopheles as a target for malaria control and eradication) @: German Cancer Research Centre (DKFZ), Heidelberg, Germany. 2008.
4. European Science Foundation grants (Cape Town, SA) - 2009.
5. ISCB and EMBnet-RIBio grant for EMBnet-RIBio - (Bioinformatics for High Throughput Technologies and the Interface of Bioinformatics and Systems Biology), Cancun, Mexico. 2009.
6. International Society for Computational Biology and ASBCB Joint ISCB Africa & ASBCB - Bioinformatics of African Pathogens, Hosts and Vectors. Bamako, Mali 2009.
7. ISCB, ASBCB and NIH - Bioinformatics of African Pathogens, Hosts and Vectors. Cape Town, South Africa. 2011.
8. Recipient of the ISCB SC Cash award of Annual proposal submission Competition for organizing quiz competition for Undergraduates in Bioinformatics in West African Region. 2011
9. Welcome Trust Advanced - Genomic Epidemiology in Africa. Blantyre, Malawi. 2012.
10. Recipient of Cash award High impact Publication - David Oyedepo Foundation (DOF). 2012
11. ISCBSC for (ISMB). CA, USA. 2012.
12. Molecular Biochemistry in Health Sciences. Tunisia 2013
Introduction to Computer Science, Computer Appreciation/ Application 1 and 2, Bioinformatics, Use of Software packages, Artificial Neural Networks, Data Communication and networking, Use of Bioinformatics resources: tools, databases and software packages, Operating Systems.
Selected Publications (16)
2. First African virtual Conference on Bioinformatics (Afbix’09).
3. Infectious Diseases: From Basic to translational research (Europe-Africa Frontier Research Conference), Cape Town, South Africa
4. Intelligent Systes for Molecular Biology conference. "Leading applications and technologies in Bioinformatics", Martina Franca, Italy.
5. EMBnet-RIBio 2009 International Conference”. (Bioinformatics for High Throughput Technologies and the Interface of Bioinformatics and Systems Biology), Cancun, Mexico
6. Joint ISCB Africa & ASBCB Conference on Bioinformatics of African Pathogens, Hosts and Vectors. Bamako, Mali
7. Joint ISCB Africa & ASBCB Conference on Bioinformatics of African Pathogens, Hosts and Vectors. Bamako, Mali
8. Second joint meeting of ISCB and ASBCB and the third conference of the ASBCB on Bioinformatics of African Pathogens, Hosts and Vectors. Cape Town, SA.
9. International Society for Computational Biology (ISCB) Annual International Conference on Intelligence Systems for Molecular Biology (ISMB). Long Beach. CA, USA